Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cranberry Sauce

Okay, I have a confession. I got this recipe from the back of a package of cranberries, except I substitute Splenda for sugar. I know it sounds lazy, but my best friend told me it was an easy recipe and turns out great, so I trusted her, and she proved to be right.

12 ounces of cranberries
1 cup of water
1 cup of Splenda

Boil the Splenda and the water. Add the cranberries and bring to a gentle boil for ten minutes. Stir occasionally. When done, put in a dish to cool, and refrigerate until you want to serve.

I like to make this a day ahead of time.

3 comments:

  1. My husband wanted to make sure that there was cranberry sauce this year because it's usually left out. Of course, he wants it right out of the can so it still has the can lines on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never mold mine in the shape of a can....such precision can take hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen - this sounds delicious. I have a similar recipe, that I need to try with Splenda next time. My husband sounds like Wendy's. In his head, cranberry sauce is no good unless there's lines in it.

    ReplyDelete