Monday, April 6, 2009

Salami and Pasta Salad

Welcome to Paprika is Good, But Not In Coffee. Helen and Annie are regular SCL commenters who met there, became friends, and now share a recipe blog together. Please check out some of our other recipes.

Salami and Pasta Salad

1 8 oz package of pasta ( bow ties look prettiest, but I have made it with spaghetti when that is what I have handy)
1 8 oz package of hard salami
1 8 oz package of frozen vegetables, thawed
1 4 oz package of shredded mozarella cheese
1 bottle of of Kraft Light House Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
1 can of sliced black olives

Cook pasta as directed on the package. Cut salami into 1/4 inch strips. Separate the strips. Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl and cover. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or until ready to served. If you let it marinate a few hours, then stir, it is even better.


I made this recipe several times, and I really like it. More importantly, I have been asked for the recipe at potlucks, an important criteria in determining a repice's worth. The main reason I am choosing this recipe is that my printed copy is looking pretty bad, and I find that recipes which become illegible are usually the best ones. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm making this tonight. I'll let you know how it all turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made this last night- it was awesome!
    I used fresh veges (brocolli,tomatoes,carrots) instead of frozen. It made a large amount and there is NONE left!
    Fed 5 of us. I made grilled cheese sandwiches also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really glad that your family liked it.

    ReplyDelete